We love smoothies! You can put nearly anything into a smoothie. The key to making healthy smoothies is to strike the right balance of vegetables, fruit, protein and fat. Once you understand the base it is easy to get creative and make all sorts of delicious and nutritious mixes.
Weight loss, hydration, reducing cravings, improving digestion and boosting immune systems are just some of the benefits of healthy smoothies. Smoothies are definitely something we should all try add to our diet. See our range of smoothies in our breakfast recipes.
Creating a good base for Healthy Smoothies
There are endless combinations that make up a good smoothie. A healthy smoothie includes a balance of ingredients. Experiment with combinations that include items from each of the below categories and you will hit delicious, balanced mixes.
- Fruit: bananas or avo, mango, berries, kiwi, apples, pears, pineapple, melon, dragon fruit ...
- Grains: oats, buckwheat, chia
- Seeds/Nuts: sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds
- Flavouring/Nutrition boosting: cacao powder, maca powder, dates, tahini, cinnamon.
How To Make A Mango Healthy Smoothie Bowl
- 2 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Chia
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- Toppings: granola, kiwi, chia seeds and coconut flakes
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend
- Pour blend into bowl or glass and top with choice of toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!