With so many delicious and nutritious whole grains, seeds, nuts, and fruits available your next perfect whole food breakfast idea is probably just a google search away. We have made it even easier by providing a full range of wholefood breakfast options available whenever you need. See our range of breakfast ideas for more inspiration.
This next breakfast idea contains all the dietary fiber, high levels of protein and B vitamins provided by buckwheat and chia seeds. Learn more about the nutritional benefits of chia and other delicious buckwheat recipes. It requires almost no prep time and is easiest prepared the night before for delicious easy breakfast in the morning. It also has the added bonus of being completely gluten-free and can be made vegan or vegetarian, depending on your milk preference.
What's a Parfait?
A parfait is a smooth paté-like meal, usually layered with fruits or yoghurts. Breakfast parfaits require no cooking and very little prep. Served chilled and full of wholesome goodness, they are refreshing in warm spring and summer mornings. They are perfect for on the go families and busy people!
Delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Idea With Buckwheat And Chia
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (premium cream farm milk, almond milk, soya or oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 1 banana (ripe large, mash half, chop other half)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pure, raw honey to sweeten (optional)
- Add the buckwheat into a bowl and cover with water. Stir. Place in the fridge overnight, or for at least a few hours, uncovered is fine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, almond milk, banana, and optional cinnamon. Whisk well until no chia clumps remain. Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, rinse the buckwheat with cold water in a strainer until no slimy bits remain. Add rinsed and strained buckwheat into the chia mixture and stir well. Layer ther other ingredients in a glass with the buckwheat and chia mixture and top with your desired toppings.
- Just before serving, drizzle a small amount of honey on top to bring it all together.
Additional Tips For Perfect Parfait Variations
Don’t stop at just this option. There is an endless list of options for additional ingredients you can use in your parfait:
- nut or seed butter
- dried fruit
- shredded coconut
- other fresh fruits
- mashed banana
- cacao powder
- cacao nibs