A bean salad is so quick and easy to make, and so versatile in their use. They are perfect for lunches at work or as a side dish to a braai or light meal. Packed with protein and fiber a bean salad is enough to make any dietitian or nutrition fanatic proud.
How To Make Our 3 Bean Salad
This is one of those throw-it-all-together-and-mix dishes. So simple but with the nutrition variety of 3 different types of beans and some fresh veg to boot! The only prep time needed is for the chopping of onions and cooking of beans (if you are using a dry variety, which we recommend because of the lower sodium levels and smaller environmental footprint vs canned beans). Don't be fooled by the simplicity - this little salad packs a delicious punch! If you like this recipe be sure to check out our wide range of salad recipes on our page.
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (cut into small cubes, 1cm wide)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup black eyed beans
- Cut up all your veggies
- Cook and drain the beans and place them in a big bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients until evenly blended. Pour the mixture onto the beans and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
It’s that easy!! Hope you love an easy recipe as much as we do!